Tuscan White Bean Pilaf Recipe
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 40 min
Make this your signature dish, and your dinner table will never lack for flavor, satisfaction, or pure 7 whole grain wholesomeness. It combines cannellini beans, colorful vegetables, pine nuts, kalamata olives and herbs.
2 packets (6.5 oz. each)
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Pilaf
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 large organic red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried, ground sage
- 3 cups organic broccoli florets
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 organic red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (oil packed), drained and chopped
- 2 bunches fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
1. Prepare Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in small skillet cook and stir pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown. Set aside.
3. In large skillet cook onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons hot olive oil until tender. Stir in thyme and sage. Add broccoli, water and dash of salt. Mix well. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain.
4. In large bowl combine cooked pilaf, pine nuts, broccoli mixture, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, cannellini beans, olives, sun dried tomatoes and basill.
5. In a small bowl whisk together the 6 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Drizzle over pilaf mixture. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.