Tuscan Turkey with Olive Pepper Kashi® Pilaf Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 165 min
Delicious and nutritious, with a healthy helping of protein and fiber from Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf, these cutlets are enhanced by fragrant rosemary, juicy carrots, and tangy kalamata olives.
- 1 (2 lb.) boneless, free-range turkey breast portion
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 packets (6.5 oz. each)
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Pilaf
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup drained, chopped, roasted organic red peppers
- 1 small organic carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk organic celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (preservative-free)
- Kosher salt (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1. Place turkey breast in large bowl. In small bowl combine 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice and garlic. Pour over turkey breast in bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 325° F. Drain turkey breast. Place turkey on rack in shallow baking pan. Roast turkey, uncovered, for 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until juices run clear and instant read thermometer registers 170°F. Transfer turkey to cutting board. Let stand, loosely covered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf according to package directions. Stir remaining olive oil, olives, roasted peppers, carrot, celery, and vinegar into warm pilaf.
4. To serve, slice turkey breast. Spoon pilaf onto serving platter. Top with turkey.