Tofu Kale Soup with Kashi® Nugget Dumplings Recipe
Prep Time: 75 min
Total Time: 75 min
Warm up on cold days with a simple soup that effortlessly balances a host of flavors and textures: hearty kale, fragrant ginger, 7 whole grain dumplings, salty soy sauce, and silky tofu.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped organic onion
- 1 organic carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 5 cups chopped organic kale
- 5 cups organic vegetable broth
- 8 ounces firm organic tofu, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons naturally-brewed, reduced-sodium soy sauce
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Cereals Nuggets
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cold organic butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice cold water
1. In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, ginger and garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
2. Add kale, broth, tofu and soy sauce to vegetables in Dutch oven. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer about 35 minutes or until kale is tender.
3. Meanwhile, in blender or food processor place KASHI 7 Whole Grain Cereals Nuggets. Cover and process until finely ground.
4. In medium bowl combine cereal crumbs, pastry flour, whole wheat flour and salt. Cut in cold butter. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until dough forms. On lightly floured surface knead dough just until it clings together. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
5. On lightly floured surface roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into strips about 1-inch wide. Drop dough strips into simmering soup. Return to simmering. Cook about 25 minutes more or until dumplings are firm. Season with salt and pepper (if desired).