Simple Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 135 min
Fresh and versatile, this Mediterranean salad is a meal in itself, with whole grains, chopped veggies, and a light dressing.
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Cereal Nuggets
- 1 large organic Roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium organic red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or Creole salt seasoning (if more spice is preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped organic garlic
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup water
- Toasted pita bread (optional)
1. Stir together all ingredients, except water.
2. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, gradually stir in water. (Less water gives the salad a crunchier texture.) Serve with toasted pita bread (if desired).