Sautéed Rainbow Chard and Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf with Toasted Walnuts & Feta Recipe
Prep Time: 35 min
Total Time: 35 min
Nutrient-rich chard and nutty Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf are seasoned and sautéed to perfection, then topped with walnuts and feta for a satisfying side dish.
1 packet (6.5 oz.)
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Pilaf
- 4 teaspoons grated organic orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound organic Swiss chard, cut into half-inch pieces, ribs on, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) crumbled organic feta cheese
1. Cook the Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf according to package directions, except add orange peel, salt and pepper.
2. In large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add some of the chard to skillet, tossing for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted. Remove from skillet. Continue to add chard to skillet and wilt until all is wilted. Keep warm.
3. Press pilaf into four 1/2-cup molds or custard cups. Unmold onto 4 serving plates. Top with wilted chard. Sprinkle with walnuts and feta.