Sautéed Broccolini with Roasted Garlic, Kashi® Pilaf, and Walnuts Recipe
Prep Time: 55 min
Total Time: 55 min
This vegetable and whole grain sauté gets great flavor from roasted garlic and great crunch from toasted walnuts.
1 packet (6.5 oz.)
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Pilaf
- 1/2 bulb organic garlic (cloves intact)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 ounces baby organic broccoli or organic broccoli rabe, chopped into 1-inch lengths
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced organic garlic
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare pilaf according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, rub garlic cloves with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Wrap in foil. Bake about 30 minutes or until garlic is tender. Let cool and squeeze garlic cloves from their skins. Set aside.
3. While garlic roasts, spread walnuts on baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Cool.
4. In a large skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add broccolini. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in minced garlic. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until broccolini is just tender and bright green.
5. Stir cooked pilaf into broccolini. Add roasted garlic. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Stir in salt and pepper. Toss with walnuts. Serve warm or at room temperature.