Roasted Almond Salmon with Citrus-Soy Herb Spritz Recipe
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
Coating salmon in a unique ground Roasted Almond Crunch Crunchy Granola Bar crust before pan-searing adds sophistication and richness, as does the surprisingly simple sauce (ideal for other fish dishes, too).
- 4 wild-caught salmon fillets (1 lb. total)
- 1 organic egg white
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup organic lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium, naturally brewed soy sauce
- Kosher salt (optional)
- Ground pepper (optional)
Kashi®Crunchy Granola Bars Roasted Almond Crunch
1. Place granola bars in food processor or blender container. Cover and process until finely ground. Pour into shallow dish.
2. Season salmon with salt and pepper (if desired). In another shallow dish beat egg white until foamy. Dip top sides of salmon fillets into egg white, then into granola crumbs.
3. In large oven-safe skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add salmon pieces, crumb side down. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until crumbs brown. Remove from heat. Turn salmon pieces over. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk together lemon juice, cilantro, honey, soy sauce and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
5. Remove salmon from oven. Transfer to serving plates. Drizzle with lemon juice mixture. Serve immediately.