Red Flower Pilaf Soup Recipe
Prep Time: 50 min
Total Time: 50 min
Termed “red flower” for the magenta hue of its Swiss red chard, this chunky, flavorful broth with carrots, cauliflower, and Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf is delightfully aromatic.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 organic red onion, diced or sliced
- 1 head organic cauliflower, broken into large pieces
- 3 large organic carrots, diced
- 4 cups water or all-natural vegetable stock
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Pilaf
- 1 bunch fresh organic red Swiss chard, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In large saucepan or Dutch oven cook onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add cauliflower, carrots and garlic. Stir until combined. Add water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender.
2. Stir in Swiss chard and pilaf. Cook over medium heat until chard is tender, but still brightly colored. Stir in salt and pepper.