Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
Buttermilk enhances the flavors of slightly sweetened, spiced cereal and pumpkin in these muffins.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups
Kellogg’s® Frosted Mini-Wheats®Pumpkin Spice Cereal (finely crushed to 1 1/4 cups) (divided)
2 1/2 cups
Kellogg’s® Frosted Mini-Wheats®Maple Brown Sugar Cereal (finely crushed to 1 1/4 cups) (divided)
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine 3/4 cup of the finely crushed KELLOGG’S FROSTED MINI WHEATS Pumpkin Spice Cereal, buttermilk and canned pumpkin. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, brown sugar and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Portion evenly into thirty-six 1 5/8-inch mini muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with bake cups. Sprinkle tops with the remaining 1/2 cup finely crushed cereal.
3. Bake at 375° F for 9 to 11 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Serve warm.