Puffed Pudding Recipe
Prep Time: 45 min
Total Time: 165 min
Flexible enough to be served cold or warm as bread pudding, this sweet surprise marries vanilla and cinnamon with Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Puffs cereal.
- 3 cups organic whole milk
- 1 cup organic half-and-half
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 organic eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Cereals, Puffs
1. In large saucepan or Dutch oven combine Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Cereal, Puffs; milk; half-and-half and cinnamon sticks. Cook over low heat until simmering. Stir in vanilla and ground cinnamon. Simmer for 35 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove cinnamon sticks.
2. Stir cane sugar into milk mixture. Gradually stir 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into eggs. Return egg mixture to saucepan. Bring to simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes more. Pour into serving bowl. Refrigerate. (May also be served warm as bread pudding.)