Pistachio-Currant Halvah Nuggets Recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
These nuggets work as a breakfast-on-the-run or an afternoon pick-me-up snack.
- 1 cup sesame tahini (sometimes labeled “sesame paste,” available in Middle Eastern markets)
- 2 tablespoons light-colored honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dried currants
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Cereal, Nuggets
- 1/3 cup minced or ground pistachio nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
1. In medium bowl use fork or back of spoon to mash together tahini, honey and salt.
2. Mix in currants, KASHI 7 Whole Grain Cereal Nuggets and pistachio nuts. (Mixture will be stiff.)
3. Place the sesame seeds on a plate. Using your hands (wetting them, if necessary) shape the mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll them in sesame seeds until thoroughly coated.
4. Place the coated balls in a shallow plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and refrigerate or freeze. Serve cold, at room temperature or frozen.