Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® Maple Brown Sugar cereal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 6 cups sliced strawberries, blueberries, peeled and sliced peaches,
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 containers (6 oz. each) reduced-fat orange, lemon or vanilla yogurt
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, 1/2 cup of the KELLOGG'S MINI-WHEATS FROSTED MAPLE & BROWN SUGAR cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, orange peel and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and buttermilk. Stir until just moistened.
2. On lightly floured surface knead dough about 10 strokes or until it clings together. Pat dough into 6-inch square. With floured knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into nine 2-inch squares. Diagonally cut each square into halves.
3. Arrange dough triangles on ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cereal. Bake at 400°F about 9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove triangles to wire rack. Cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, in large bowl toss together fruit and 1/4 cup sugar. For each serving, place 2 shortcake pieces in dessert bowl. Top wiith some of the fruit and some of the yogurt.