Mango Bread with Kashi® Nuggets Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 85 min
Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Nuggets cereal makes extra-crunchy edges on this slightly sweet, tender tea bread. The recipe makes a bit more than a full loaf, so you can bake the overflow in muffin tins, or use the batter only for muffins.
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Cereals, Nuggets
- 1/2 cup fresh organic orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated organic lemon or orange peel
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh mango; or 12 ounces frozen mango, thawed and finely chopped; or 8 ounces chopped, dried mango
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup expeller-pressed canola oil
- 4 ounces (Recipe_Ingredient_6722194)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Grease 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan with coconut oil and line six 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups with paper bake cups. (Or, line twenty-four 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups with paper bake cups.)
2. In small bowl mix together the KASHI 7 Whole Grain Cereal Nuggets, orange juice and citrus peel. Let stand about 20 minutes or until cereal softens.
3. If using dried mango, cover with 1 1 /2 to 2 cups boiling water. Let soak about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the soaking liquid. (This step is not necessary if using fresh or frozen mango.)
4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl if using a hand-held mixer) combine the oil, applesauce, cane sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in the cereal mixture and mango.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and muffin cups, filling muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350° F until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. (Allow about 20 minutes for the muffins and about 45 minutes for the loaf.) Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely.