Key Lime Cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 60 min
Tangy buttermilk brings out the tartness of the lime juice and peel in these scrumptious cupcakes.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Keebler®Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated key lime peel or grated lime peel
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 can (16 oz.) lemon frosting or vanilla frosting
Keebler®Graham Cracker Crumbs (optional)
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, 1/2 cup KEEBLER Graham Cracker Crumbs, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat sugar, butter and lime peel on medium speed of electric mixture until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In small bowl stir together buttermilk and lime juice. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture to beaten mixture, beating well after each addition.
4. Spoon batter into twenty-eight 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups lined with bake cups. Bake at 350° F for 18 to 22 minutes or until tops begin to brown and wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
5. Pipe frosting into swirl on top of each cupcake. Sprinkle with graham crumbs (if desired).