Kashi® 7 Grain Cracker Crusted Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 60 min
Total Time: 60 min
In less than an hour, you can enjoy a Greek-influenced chicken dinner with cinnamon-ricotta-spinach stuffing and Toasted Asiago Cracker crust.
- 4 boneless, skinless, free-range, organic chicken breast halves (about 1 lb. total)
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach, steamed
- 1/3 cup organic part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 free-range egg whites
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup low-sodium organic tomato juice
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground allspice
- Salt (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
Kashi®Snack Crackers, Original 7 Grain
1. Pound the chicken flat (you can also have a butcher do this for you).
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
3. In medium bowl mix the spinach, ricotta cheese and cinnamon together. Divide the spinach mixture between the chicken breasts, by placing a mound directly in the center of each piece of chicken. Season them with salt and pepper (if desired).
4. With the chicken on a flat work surface in front of you, fold the left side 3/4 inch to the right overlapping with the cheese mixture. Duplicate this on the right side and then fold one of the sides not yet folded, over the cheese mixture., completely enclosing the cheese within the chicken.
5. Beat the egg whites until frothy. Dip the chicken into the egg white and then into the crushed crackers.
6. In oven-safe nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on all sides.
7. Place the chicken in the oven about 20 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from the pan. Remove the toothpicks and let chicken rest, loosely covered, for 5 minutes.
8. In the same pan combine tomato juice, thyme, allspice and cloves. Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
9. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Serve immediately.