Kashi® Summer Vegetable Pilaf Recipe
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 40 min
Take advantage of plentiful summer veggies like zucchini, broccoli, peas, and onions, dressed up with saffron, thyme, basil, and a sprinkling of vegan cheese in a base of Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf.
1 packet (6.5 oz.)
Kashi® 7Whole Grain Pilaf
- 1 cup organic broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch-thick organic zucchini slices
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch-thick organic summer squash slices
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped organic red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced organic red and green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh organic peas
- 1 tablespoon minced organic garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried saffron
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups all-natural vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup crumbled organic feta cheese
1. Prepare Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine broccoli, zucchini, squash, onion, bell peppers and peas in stovetop steamer. Steam about 7 minutes or until just tender.
3. In large skillet cook garlic and saffron in olive oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently and being careful to avoid burning. Carefully add broth and thyme. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in pilaf, steamed vegetables and basil. Heat through. Ladle into soup plates. Sprinkle with cheese.