KashiÂ® GOLEANÂ® Crisp!Â® Toasted Berry Crumble Cereal Bars Recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 50 min
These homemade chewy cereal bars are loaded with pecans, almonds, and pumpkin seedsâ€”not to mention KashiÂ® GOLEANÂ® Crisp!Â® Toasted Berry Crumble cereal, honey, and tofu, too.
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 cups KashiÂ® GOLEANÂ® Crisp!Â® Toasted Berry Crumble cereal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 ounces free range egg
- 2/3 cup water-packed, silken, low-fat tofu (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350Â°F.2. In 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan combine pecans, almonds and pumpkin seeds. Bake until lightly toasted, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.3. In large mixing bowl stir together the toasted nuts and seeds with the cereal, whole wheat flour and salt. Set aside.4. In food processor bowl combine applesauce, tofu, honey and vanilla. Cover and process until nearly smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed to process the mixture thoroughly. Add to cereal mixture; mix well. Spread in lightly oiled 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan.5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm in center and golden brown. Cool slightly. Cut into bars.