Kashi® Blackberry Bars Recipe
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 55 min
Crowd-pleasing and sumptuous, these bars meld Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Puffs cereal with naturally sweet honey, fruit, and spices to make a moist, flaky, chunky bar.
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen organic blackberries
- 1/2 cup organic apple juice, as needed
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (Recipe_Ingredient_PR_6723729)
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled organic oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup organic butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In saucepan over medium-low heat. As berries begin to release juice, use flexible spatula to lightly press berries. When only a small portion of whole berries remains, whisk in cornstarch and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes more or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Cool.
3. In large bowl combine flour, Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Puffs cereal, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. Stir honey and melted coconut oil into flour mixture just until combined. Press two-thirds of the mixture into 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan lined with parchment papter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
5. Spread blackberry mixture over the crust. Drop remaining flour mixture by spoonfuls over berry layer. Bake about 15 minutes more or until lightly browned. Cool slightly in pan. Cut into 12 squares. Serve warm.