Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf & Orange Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 80 min
Total Time: 80 min
Dried cranberries, slivered almonds, and chilled edamame add great texture and flavor to this all-season salad.
1 packet (6.5 oz.)
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Pilaf
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup organic mandarin oranges canned in pear juice or other natural syrup
- 1/4 cup organic lemon juice
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dried organic cranberries
- 1 cup shelled organic edamame beans, cooked and chilled
- 3 organic green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup organic feta cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300° F.
2. Prepare Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf according to package directions. Transfer to large plate. Cool.
3. Meanwhile, in shallow baking pan spread almonds. Bake about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
4. Drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Set orange sections aside.
5. In small bowl whisk together lemon juice, cane sugar, pepper and reserved orange liquid.
6. In a large bowl combine cranberries, edamame, green onions, pilaf, almonds and dressing. Mix well. Gently stir in orange sections. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to allow flavors to combine. Crumble cheese over top before serving.