Indonesian Pilaf Recipe
Prep Time: 50 min
Total Time: 50 min
If you want to spice up your repertoire, here’s the entrée! Peanuts and spices add richness and warmth to this hearty blend of Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf and vegetables. Best of all, it’s a one-dish meal.
- 1 cup whole peanuts
- 3 cloves organic garlic, sliced
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 medium organic red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 cup organic raisins
- 1 large organic carrot, cut into match sticks
- 1 cup finely chopped organic red cabbage
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 organic red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
2 packets (6.5 oz. each)
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Pilaf
1. Cook Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in small skillet cook and stir peanuts over medium heat until toasted. Set aside.
3. In large skillet cook onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil until tender. Stir in cumin and coriander. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until fragrant.
4. Stir cabbage, raisins, carrots, water and salt into onion mixture. Cover. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. In large bowl toss together pilaf, peanuts, vegetable mixture, red bell pepper and cilantro.
6. In small bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, ginger root, cane sugar, red chili flakes and the remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add to pilaf mixture. Stir until coated. Serve immediately.