Good Friends® Tofu Pumpkin Pie Recipe
All the richness and flavor of traditional pumpkin pie without all the heaviness and fat. This vegan treat uses tofu to achieve a creamy texture, and coconut and honey lend a unique touch.
Pie Crust Ingredients
- 2 cups Kashi® Good Friends® cereal
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup organic apple juice concentrate
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained (use silken tofu for a creamier texture)
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin (about 2 cups of fresh-baked pumpkin will work fine too)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice blend
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the Kashi® Good Friends® cereal in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or process in a food processor or blender until it is semi-fine in texture.
3. Place the cereal in a bowl and add the remaining crust ingredients. Stir until well mixed. Place in a lightly oiled 9-inch glass pie pan and press into place with a spoon or rubber spatula. Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before filling.
4. Blend all filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour into the 9-inch pie crust. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 1 hour. Chill before serving as this will help to firm up the pie.