Good Friends® Banana Bread Recipe
A perennial favorite gets a flavorful and nutritious makeover, with added creamy tofu for protein and moistness, tart blueberries, and the hearty texture of whole grain cereal.
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup expeller-pressed vegetable or canola oil
- 3 ripe organic bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces tofu, well-drained
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum free)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups Kashi® Good Friends® cereal
- ½ cup fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine honey and oil. Stir in bananas, vanilla, and tofu, making sure to blend the tofu well.
2. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl, then add it to the banana mixture and mix well.
3. Pour into well-greased loaf pan and bake at 325°F for 1 hour or until firm. Cool.