Ginger-Spice Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
Kashi Organic Honey Toasted Oat cereal adds a subtle crunch to these sweet and spicy cookies.
- 2 cups crushed Kashi® Cereal Organic Honey Toasted Oat
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum free)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted organic butter, softened
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 ounces organic egg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl combine Kashi® Organic Honey Toasted Oat cereal; flour; baking powder; ginger; cinnamon; nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl beat oil and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until well mixed. Add applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Add cereal miture. Beat on low speed until just combined.
4. Shape dough into 2-inch balls. Place evenly spaced on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool on pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.