Garlic Braised Greens Recipe
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 40 min
Rich in nutrients from whole grains and dark leafy greens, this simple, satisfying standby is a welcome addition to just about any meal.
1 packet (6.5 oz.)
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Pilaf
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 2 whole organic carrots, cut into match sticks
- 6 cups finely chopped fresh organic kale
- 2/3 cup water (or all-natural vegetable stock)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
1. Cook Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf according to package directions.
2. In large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir for 5 seconds. Add kale and carrots. Quickly stir until vegetables are evenly coated with oil.
3. Reduce heat to low. Stir in water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, but still retaining bright colors. Remove from heat, stir in basil.
4. Toss greens mixture with hot pilaf. Serve immediately.