Friendly Fiber Muffins Recipe
Get some fiber in a fun way with these tasty Kashi® Good Friends® cereal treats touched by honey, applesauce, banana, and cinnamon.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups Kashi® Good Friends® Original cereal
- 1 cup organic skim milk, rice or soy milk
- 2 free-range egg whites
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1 medium organic ripe banana, mashed
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine Kashi® Good Friends® Original cereal and milk and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Add the egg whites and beat well. Stir in honey, applesauce and banana. Add flour mixture and mix only until dry ingredients are moistened (over-mixing will produce rubbery muffins).
4. Fill sprayed muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.