Easy Kashi® GOLEAN® Dinner Rolls Recipe
Prep Time: 60 min
Total Time: 135 min
Bring your bread basket back to life with a fragrantly yeasty roll that wields the whole grain goodness of Kashi® GOLEAN® Original cereal clusters.
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 envelope rapid rise yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- Extra whole wheat flour for kneading
Kashi® GOLEAN®Cereal, Original
1. In small bowl combine Kashi® GOLEAN® cereal and hot water. Stir until cereal softens; set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine 2 cups whole wheat flour, cane sugar, yeast and salt. Add cereal-water mixture. Stir until combined. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. On a lightly floured surface, knead in enough additional whole wheat flour to make non-sticky dough. Shape into rolls (about 3 inches in diameter). Place on greased or oiled baking sheet. Let rise, covered with a cotton towel, in a warm place until almost doubled (about 1 to 1 1/2 hours).
4. Remove towel. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly brown. Serve warm or cool completely.