Crispy Topped Scalloped Potatoes
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 135 min
Tender potato slices layered with a creamy sauce and robust cheese create a hearty side dish.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed, reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups thinly sliced, peeled potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
2 1/2 cups
Original Crackers Sunshine® Cheez-It®
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1. In medium saucepan cook onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in garlic. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in soup, milk, mustard and pepper. Set aside.
2. In 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray layer half of the potatoes. Drizzle with half of the soup mixture. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining potatoes and remaining soup mixture. Tightly cover with foil. Bake at 325°F for 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are nearly tender.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl toss together remaining Parmesan cheese, SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT Original snack crackers and 1 tablespoons butter.
4. Carefully, remove foil from potatoes. Sprinkle with cracker mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325°F for 15 minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes.