Cran-Apple Crunch Pie
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 45 min
This apple pie is something different. Streaks of tangy cranberry sauce complement the sweet apple pie filling and create a pie with a festive appearance.
- 1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Shortbread Pie Crust
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling
- 1 can (8 oz.) whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1. Brush bottom and sides of crust with egg yolk. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes.
2. In medium bowl combine pie filling, cranberry sauce, cornstarch and nutmeg. Spread in crust.
3. In small bowl combine pecans, flour and brown sugar. Stir in margarine or butter. Sprinkle over pie filling.
4. Bake on baking sheet at 375°F about 35 minutes or until filling is bubby and topping is golden brown. Serve warm or cool.