Cinnamon Caramel Party Mix
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 4 cups popped popcorn*
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® Bite Size cereal
- Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® Maple Brown Sugar cereal
- Kellogg's® Mini-Wheats® Unfrosted Bite Size cereal
- 2 cups miniature pretzel twists
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (not margarine)
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Remove any unpopped kernels from popcorn. In foil-lined pan combine popcorn, cereal and pretzels.
2. In medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Boil for 5 minutes (do not stir). Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon, soda and vanilla. Drizzle over cereal mixture in pan, carefully stirring to coat.
3. Bake at 300°F for 15 minutes. Stir. Bake for 5 minutes more. Spread on large piece of foil sprayed with nonstick coating. Cool completely. Break into pieces to serve. Store in tightly covered container.
Yield: 9 cups
*NOTE: Use air-popped, traditionally-popped or microwave-popped corn, however air-popped corn will be lowest in fat and sodium