Cinnamon Caramel Party Mix
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 4 cups popped popcorn*
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® Bite Size cereal
- Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® Maple Brown Sugar cereal
- Kellogg's® Mini-Wheats® Unfrosted Bite Size cereal
- 2 cups miniature pretzel twists
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (not margarine)
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Remove any unpopped kernels from popcorn. In foil-lined pan combine popcorn, cereal and pretzels.
2. In medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Boil for 5 minutes (do not stir). Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon, soda and vanilla. Drizzle over cereal mixture in pan, carefully stirring to coat.
3. Bake at 300ºF for 15 minutes. Stir. Bake for 5 minutes more. Spread on large piece of foil sprayed with nonstick coating. Cool completely. Break into pieces to serve. Store in tightly covered container.
Yield: 9 cups
*NOTE: Use air-popped, traditionally-popped or microwave-popped corn, however air-popped corn will be lowest in fat and sodium