Chocolate Dessert Muffins
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Mueslix® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mint flavored semi-sweet chocolate morsels divided
- Non-dairy whipped topping (optional)
1. Stir together cereal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl stir together egg, milk and oil; beat well. Add flour
mixture, stirring just until moistened. Gently stir in 1/2 cup chocolate
3. Portion batter evenly into 12 greased 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups.
4. Bake at 400°F for 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate morsels. Drizzle chocolate over muffins.
If desired, garnish with dollop of whipped topping. Serve warm.