Cheez-It™ Game Day Guacamole
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
Perfect for the big game, this recipe makes enough guacamole to feed a crowd.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, seeded and cut into pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 medium ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid pepper sauce
- 1 cup sour cream*
- Sunshine® Cheez-It® Original Crackers
- Sunshine® Cheez-It Duoz™ Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan
1. In food processor bowl combine 1 cup of the onion, 1 of the jalapeño peppers and 3 cloves of the garlic. Cover and process until finely chopped.
2. Add 4 of the avocados, 1 cup of the tomato, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper sauce to the onion mixture. Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping machine occasionally to scrape down sides. Transfer to large bowl.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 using the remaining onion, jalapeño pepper, garlic, avocados, tomato, lemon juice, salt and pepper sauce. Stir into guacamole mixture in bowl. Evenly spread in 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan. Smooth top.
4. Pipe sour cream on top of guacamole for yard lines and end zone. Arrange SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT ORIGINAL crackers on top of guacamole for end zone. Serve with additional crackers.