Baked Double Berry Crust Gratin Recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 70 min
Bake bright, vibrant berries into a rich custard and top with KashiÂ® GOLEANÂ® Crisp!Â® Toasted Berry Crumble cereal and a tofu-almond crust for a scrumptious dessert. We think it makes a delicious breakfast, too.
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup blanched or slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 ounces egg
- 1/2 cup silken, low-fat tofu
- 1 tablespoon organic butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon real almond extract
- 3 cups mixed fresh organic berries (raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
KashiÂ® GOLEANÂ® Crisp!Â®Cereal Toasted Berry Crumble, divided
- 1 cup organic low-fat vanilla yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 400ÂºF.2. In food processor bowl combine cane sugar, almonds, whole wheat flour and salt. Cover and process until almonds are finely ground. Add applesauce, tofu, oil and almond extract. Cover and process until smooth.3. Place berries in a lightly oiled 1-quart gratin dish or 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cereal over top. Spread tofu mixture over all. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cereal. Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.4. Spoon into serving dishes. Top with yogurt.