Autumn Kashi® Pilaf Salad with White Pumpkin and Cranberries Recipe
Prep Time: 150 min
Total Time: 150 min
White pumpkins and cranberries dress up pilaf in autumnal splendor in this potpourri of fall delights. Perfect for the holiday table.
1 packet (6.5 oz.)
Kashi®7 Whole Grain Pilaf
- 2 cups water
- 1 small organic white pumpkin
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced organic red onion
- 1/3 cup dried organic cranberries
- 1/3 cup peeled and thinly sliced organic celery
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed or sunflower oil
- Dash pepper
1. In medium saucepan bring water to boiling. Stir in Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf. Return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 25 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F. Cut pumpkin in half. In small bowl set seeds aside.
3. Season pumpkin with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place, cut side down, in shallow baking pan. Add 1/4 inch of water to pan. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Let cool. Remove peel. Cut the pumpkin pulp into bite-size pieces (you should have about 1 1/2 cups). Set aside.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Remove and discard pulp strands from pumpkin seeds. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to pumpkin seeds. Toss until combined. Spread seeds in shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, stirring occasionally.
5. In medium bowl toss together pilaf, pumpkin pieces, pumpkin seeds, onion, cranberries, celery and pumpkin seed oil.