Apple Jacks® Snickerdoodles
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
A double dose of Apple Jacks® cereal—finely ground on the outside of the cookies and slightly crushed cereal stirred into the batter—add amazing flavor to classic Snickerdoodle cookies.
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Apple Jacks® cereal
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Apple Jacks® cereal
1. In food processor place the 1 cup KELLOGG’S APPLE JACKS cereal. Cover and process until very finely ground. Place in small bowl. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl beat sugar and butter on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat on high speed until fluffy. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Beat on low speed until combined.
4. Stir the slightly crushed KELLOGG’S APPLE JACKS cereal into flour mixture. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll in finely ground cereal. Place balls 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400° F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.