Kellogg Debuts New Better Days Commitment
The Kellogg Company announced its new Kellogg’s® Better Days global commitment to help end hunger and create Better Days for 3 billion people by the end of 2030.
The company will do so by:
- Nourishing 1 billion people with its foods, delivering nutrients of need and addressing hidden hunger;
- Feeding 375 million people in need through food donations and expanded child feeding programs;
- Nurturing the planet as it supports 1 million farmers, especially women smallholders and workers;
- Conserving natural resources all along the value chain, from responsibly sourcing ingredients and reducing food waste, to providing recyclable, reusable or compostable packaging;
- Encouraging employee volunteerism, ensuring an ethical supply chain and supporting diversity and inclusion;
- And living its founder’s values by advocating on behalf of hungry children everywhere and engaging 1.5 billion people to help address the important issue of food security.
This next-generation commitment builds on Kellogg’s long history of corporate citizenship and replaces the previous Breakfast for Better Days™ program. In the last 10 years alone, Kellogg has provided 3 billion servings of food to people in need, supported 329,000 farmers through climate-smart agriculture programs and reduced greenhouse gas emissions to the equivalent of taking 317 million miles off the road.