Why do you add vitamins to your cereal? If you used organic, wholesome ingredients there would be no need to add vitamins and minerals. Also, why aren't there any vegan options?
According to USDA nutrient intake surveys, many adults and children would not consume the recommended daily intake of important vitamins and minerals without fortified foods. Because many people start their day with a serving of cereal, fortifying is a way to help our consumers get the nutrients needed to support a healthy lifestyle.
From what you shared in your email, I'd invite you to try one of our vegan cereals from our Kashi brand of foods. At Kashi, most of our foods are not blanket fortified. We have learned that naturally-inclined consumers prefer to purchase their own dietary supplements. When we do fortify, we select natural forms of vitamins that are readily absorbed by the body.
We only add vitamins to certain products to support a specific health benefit. For instance, the Heart to Heart line of products is fortified with vitamins C & E and beta carotene. These nutrients help to optimize heart health.
Kashi proudly offers the following foods, in a variety of categories, for our vegan friends to enjoy. None of these items include animal derived ingredients or honey.
· Kashi Sprouted Grains
· Kashi Autumn Wheat
· Kashi Cinnamon Harvest
· Kashi Island Vanilla
· Kashi Berry Fruitful Whole Wheat Biscuits
· Kashi Strawberry Fields
· Kashi Simply Maize
· Kashi Indigo Morning
· Kashi Heart to Heart Oat Flakes & Blueberry Clusters
· Kashi GOLEAN Crisp! Toasted Berry Crumble
· Kashi GOLEAN Crisp! Cinnamon Crumble
· Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs
· Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets
· Kashi 7 Whole Grain Flakes
· Kashi Cocoa Coconut with Kamut Khorasan Wheat Granola
· Kashi Cranberry Spelt and Flax Granola
· Kashi Heart to Heart Instant Oatmeal, Golden Maple
· Kashi Heart to Heart Instant Oatmeal, Apple Cinnamon