What is a good cereal to eat for breakfast if you have high blood pressure?
We’re glad to hear that you would like to include us on your journey to eating a healthy breakfast. From what you shared in your email, we invite you to try one of our cereals that is an "excellent source" of fiber and also low in sodium.
The following cereals provide an "excellent source" of fiber, meaning they deliver at least 20% of the Daily Value, or 5 grams or more of fiber per serving. They are also sodium free (5mg or less per serving):
- Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite Size Original cereal
- Frosted Mini-Wheats Blueberry cereal
- Frosted Mini-Wheats Maple Brown Sugar cereal
- Frosted Mini-Wheats Strawberry cereal
- Frosted Mini-Wheats Little Bites Original cereal
- Mini-Wheats® Unfrosted Bite Size cereal
Below is a list of cereals that provide an "excellent source" of fiber and are low sodium (140 mg or less per serving):
- All-Bran Original cereal
- Cracklin' Oat Bran cereal
- Low Fat Granola Original (without Raisins) Multi-Grain cereal
Please remember that recipes may change over time, so for the most up-to-date nutrition information you should read the nutrition facts found on the package you purchase. You may also find it helpful to reach out to a health care professional to determine which cereals will fit best into your diet.