Do Mini-Wheats have pork gelatin? If not, what kind?
Gelatin is used to help the texture of the product and is derived from either beef or pork. In the United States, gelatin derived from beef is found in all varieties of Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® cereal. We have included the information for our other products below.
Gelatin derived from pork is found in the following in the U.S:
- Kellogg's® cereal products that contain marshmallow additives (Kellogg's® Marshmallow Froot Loops cereal)
- All varieties of Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Squares
Gelatin derived from beef is found in the following in the U.S.:
- All varieties of Kellogg's® Frosted Pop-Tarts®
- All varieties of Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® cereal
- All varieties of Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats™ cereal
- All varieties of Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats™ Snap, Crackle, Poppers™
Some of our foods in the U.S. contain gelatin that is derived from either beef or pork; sourcing is based on availability in the marketplace. These include:
- All Kellogg's® fruit flavored snacks
- All Kellogg's® Krave Treat Bars
Please note that none of our equipment that comes in contact with the gelatin in Kellogg's® Frosted Pop-Tarts® is used in the production of the other pastries. As a result, Plain (unfrosted) Kellogg's® Pop-Tarts® do not contain gelatin. The pre-gelatinized wheat starch contained in some of our toaster pastries is derived from wheat and does not contain any gelatin.
This information applies to products sold in the United States. Products sold in other countries may have different ingredients and nutrition information.