Kashi® Pilaf Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Delicious and nutritious 7 Whole Grain Kashi® Pilaf, spinach, and Parmesan are sautéed with garlic, shallots, and seasonings and nested in robust tomato cups — a look-at-me dish in under an hour.
- 2 large organic beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced organic shallots
- 1 clove minced organic garlic
- ½ cup organic frozen spinach, defrosted, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 package (precooked) Kashi® Original 7 Whole Grain Pilaf
- 3 tablespoons organic Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Wash tomatoes and slice in half. Using a small spoon, carefully scoop out seeds and pulp without breaking the tomato apart. (When dish is complete, halved tomatoes will be the serving container.) With a clean kitchen or paper towel, carefully blot-dry the insides of the tomatoes and then place on a lightly oiled roasting dish. Season the insides of the tomatoes with a pinch of salt and some black pepper.
3. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, shallots and garlic. Cook mixture for 1 minute. Then add spinach, fresh oregano and pilaf. Cook mixture for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. When done, transfer into a heatproof work bowl.
4. Add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spoon mixture into 4 tomato halves, packing tightly. Place roasting dish into oven and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool for 20 minutes before serving.