Kashi® Curry Snack Mix Recipe
Prep Time: 90 min
Total Time: 120 min
Snack mix gets exciting as well as satisfying, with a base of Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Puffs, hearty lentils, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and a dash of curry.
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon expeller-pressed canola oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup organic golden raisins
Kashi®7 Whole Grains Cereals Honey Puffs
1. Rinse lentils. In medium bowl combine lentils and water. Let soak about 1 hour or until lentils are swollen and most of the water is absorbed.
2. In small bowl mix together spices, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add spice mixture to the skillet. Cook and stir constantly about 1 minute or until spices are lightly roasted.
3. Drain lentils. Add to skillet with spices. Mix well. Continue cooking 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add cashews and pumpkin seeds. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in KASHI 7 Whole Grains Cereals Honey Puffs. Cook 2 minutes more.
4. Spread snack mix on baking sheet. Cool completely. Stir in raisins. Store in an airtight container.