Grilled Maple Bananas Foster
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
Who knew dessert from the grill could be so quick and easy?
- 3 small ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/3 cups light vanilla ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® Maple Brown Sugar cereal
1. Peel bananas. Cut bananas into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Tear off one 36 x 12-inch piece of heavy foil. Fold in half, making 18 x 12-inch rectangle of double-thick foil. Place banana in center of foil.
2. In small bowl stir together brown sugar, butter, vanilla and spice. Spoon over bananas. Bring up sides of foil and seal on top with double fold. Seal ends with double folds.
3. Grill directly over medium heat for 5 minutes*.
4. Carefully unfold foil packet. Spoon into 4 dessert dishes. Top each with scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle with KELLOGG'S MINI-WHEATS FROSTED MAPLE & BROWN SUGAR cereal. Serve immediately.
*Note: If desired, omit grilling and bake foil packet of bananas at 375°F about 10 minutes.